Topics

Seeking Field Technicians for Shellmound Excavation in Alameda, CA

Daniel Shoup

Archaeological/Historical Consultants (A/HC) is seeking field technicians to join an ongoing excavation of a prehistoric shellmound site in Alameda, California, for the period January 4-February 12, 2021. Applicants should hold a BA or higher in archaeology or a related field, and have previous experience monitoring construction equipment and/or excavating burials. Osteological training is a plus! Work can be physically strenuous; you should be able to lift up to 40 pounds, climb in and out of trenches, and work all day outdoors in cool weather. We offer $27.50-35.00/hour plus mileage, depending on experience. No lodging or per diem is available on this job, so you should live locally or have a place to stay in the Bay Area.

Applicants must have, or be willing to promptly complete, a current 24-hour HAZWOPER certificate. We can cover your training costs plus a modest stipend.

Please send expressions of interest, with CV or resumé, to info@....

About us: established in 1976, A/HC is a small but well-established cultural resources firm based in Oakland, CA. Our practice includes archaeological surveys, testing, and mitigation; historic architecture studies; forensic historical research; and preparation of CEQA and NHPA Section 106 documents. We work for both public and private clients, with a focus on in the nine-county Bay Area. We are an equal-opportunity employer.