SEARCH is a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resource services in the fields of Archaeology,
Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Museum Services. We have immediate openings for several
Principal Investigators in the SEARCH Southwest Region to support upcoming archaeological data recovery and survey projects located in Southeastern New Mexico and Southwestern Texas. The projects are scheduled to begin in January 2021.
SEARCH is dedicated to hiring the most competent, dedicated professionals in our field. Our culture is based on strong work ethic; consistent, high-quality performance;
safe work practices; creativity; and excellence in business and staff relationships.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Master’s degree in Anthropology or related field;
- Minimum five years of supervisory
experience encompassing time in field, laboratory, and office;
- Must meet the Secretary of the Interior (SOI) qualifications for archaeology;
Expert in southwestern United States archaeology and well versed in state and federal laws and guidelines governing cultural resource management;
- Experience in cultural resource management and the preparation of deliverables for clients in the southwestern United States;
- Listed in the New Mexico State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) directory;
- Ability to be permitted by the New Mexico State Land Office;
- Ability to be or permitted by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in southeastern New Mexico as a Principal Investigator and Field Supervisor;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
The position requires that candidates be able to:
Follow COVID-19 guidelines that include adherence to 100% mask wearing, social distancing, and sanitization procedures;
Adhere to project health and safety plans and participate in office and field trainings and meetings;
- Maintain strong project team relationships and the highest professional standards;
Craft proposals and proposal budgets;
Develop research design and identify and/or provide training to staff to carry out background research and archaeological fieldwork;
Develop project schedules to include background research, fieldwork, analysis, report preparation, progress reporting, and meetings;
Establish daily or weekly routines necessary to meet project schedules;
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients and agencies;
- Communicate project developments to clients, project team, leadership, and Project Managers;
- Provide oversight or direct supervision to ensure that fieldwork and lab work meet the highest industry standards;
Work with SEARCH’s technical and creative teams to ensure that our reports and all deliverables set the standard for excellence, accuracy, and interest in our field;
Possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic and promote these values across the company;
Travel to project sites; and
Other duties as assigned.
Chosen candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including the DMV.
In Word or PDF format, please send a cover letter highlighting any relevant regional archaeology experience, your resume/CV, a minimum of two professional references, and your dates
of availability. SEARCH may contact references and will treat all employment inquires with discretion. Apply here:
Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States. SEARCH offers a competitive compensation package with strong health/wellness and retirement plans. Pay will be commensurate
with education and experience.
For more information on SEARCH, please visit
www.searchinc.com and follow us on
LinkedIn, Facebook, and
SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
SEARCH is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEARCH is an Affirmative-Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.