SEARCH Pacific -- Full Time Project Manager

SEARCH

Over land and under water, SEARCH is an archaeology firm that deploys the full spectrum of cultural heritage services worldwide.  SEARCH2O, our maritime program, is at the forefront of historic shipwreck and submerged precontact archaeology, paleolandscape reconstruction, and deep-water archaeology.  We are cultural resource industry leaders, pioneers, and subject matter experts across 44 markets, regions, and research sectors.  Since 1993, we have completed more than 4,000 Commercial and Government projects in 47 US states, 6 US territories, and 34 countries spanning 5 continents and 3 oceans.  By integrating science, technology, and creativity, we harness the power of the past to advance the projects, places, and people we serve.

We have an immediate opening in the SEARCH Pacific region for a full-time Project Manager to join SEARCH to support upcoming archaeological data recovery, survey, and monitoring projects located predominantly on the Island of Guam and throughout the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI).

SEARCH is dedicated to hiring the most competent, dedicated professionals in our field.  Our culture is based on strong work ethic; consistent, high-quality performance; safe work practices; creativity; and excellence in business and staff relationships.

Qualified candidates should have the following:

  1. Master’s degree in Anthropology or related field.
  2. Minimum ten (10) years of supervisory experience encompassing time in field, laboratory, and office within the CNMI and/or Pacific Region.
  3. Meet the Secretary of the Interior (SOI) qualifications for archaeology.
  4. Expertise in Pacific archaeology and well versed in state and federal laws and guidelines governing cultural resource management.
  5. Experience in cultural resource management and the preparation of deliverables for clients.
  6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
  7. A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.

The position requires that candidates be able to:

  • Adhere to project health and safety plans and participate in office and field trainings and meetings.
  • Prepare project proposals, cost estimates, and project schedules.
  • Successfully deliver projects to clients, by providing deliverables on-time, within budget, in accordance with client expectations, and in compliance with all contract requirements.  This includes the management of the project scope, schedule, budget and any necessary change.
  • Develop research design and identify and/or provide training to staff to carry out background research and archaeological fieldwork.
  • Develop project schedules to include background research, fieldwork, analysis, report preparation, progress reporting, and meetings.
  • Establish daily or weekly routines necessary to meet project schedules.
  • Identify necessary project staffing and coordinate with SEARCH logistics and management to properly allocate resources on your projects.
  • Coordinate with the logistics team for your project’s scheduling, travel, fleet, and equipment requirements.
  • Manage research, fieldwork, data analysis, report preparation, and other tasks to ensure that the research goals, budgets, schedules, and contract requirements of each projects are met.
  • Work with SEARCH’s technical and creative teams to ensure that our reports and all deliverables set the standard for excellence, accuracy, and interest in our field.
  • Possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic and promote these values across the company.
  • Maintain strong project team relationships and the highest professional standards.
  • Maintain excellent relationships with clients and agencies.
  • Travel to project sites.
  • Other duties as assigned.

Chosen candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including the DMV.

To Apply:

In Word or PDF format, please send a cover letter highlighting any relevant regional archaeology experience, your resume/CV, a minimum of two professional references, and your dates of availability. SEARCH may contact references and will treat all employment inquires with discretion. Apply here: Project Manager Opening

Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States. SEARCH offers a competitive compensation package with strong health/wellness and retirement plans. Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.

SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.

SEARCH is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

SEARCH is an Affirmative-Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.

For more information about SEARCH, please visit www.searchinc.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.