Topics

San Luis Obispo, CA Field Technician Positions Available Immediately

Jennifer Barbee

Applied EarthWorks, Inc. has immediate openings for Field Technicians working from our San Luis Obispo, CA office. Preference to experienced, local candidates. We have several large scale field projects happening now.

The Field Technician will work under the direction of associate and senior staff in support of a wide variety of cultural resource projects. Job duties may include pedestrian survey, site identification and recordation, site testing and data recovery excavation, and monitoring during construction.

SKILL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM FTEC I - $20-24/HR):

  • At least one year of fieldwork experience;

  • Knowledge of safety standards and appropriate precautions;

  • Accurately collect field data using a Trimble Geo X7 or other GPS devices;

  • Aptitude for taking detailed and accurate field notes;

  • Basic understanding of CRM laws and regulations;

  • Ability to recognize basic flake types (primary-tertiary and cortical-non cortical) and classes of historical material;

  • Ability to calculate volumetric sampling per Æ’s standards; and

  • Ability to work independently on some tasks.

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

Undergraduate or graduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, historical archaeology, or related field. Undergraduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, historical archaeology, or related field. Valid drivers license, Real ID, or passport. Clear pre-employment drug screening and background screening required for specific project assignments.

HOW TO APPLY:

Interested applicants may submit a letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and three professional references to Human Resources at info@.... Please reference “Field Technician - SLO” in the subject line. No phone calls please.

More information is available on our website. http://www.appliedearthworks.com/field-technician