Re-Post - CRA seeking Full-Time Permanent - Lab Director in Evansville, Indiana office
Charles "Chuck" Niquette
For the past three decades, Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA) has been recognized as one of the most respected full-service cultural resource consulting firms in the United States. Headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky, CRA has offices located throughout the United States. Our mission is to meet the client’s needs in the delivery of appropriate, high-quality, cost-effective consulting services in the study of archaeology and the historic built environment. CRA’s accomplishments are directly attributable to our core values: excellent service, respecting all people, building strong relationships, honesty, integrity, supporting our employees, and entrepreneurial spirit. To attract and retain the best talent, CRA shares its success with its employees and offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package. For more information about CRA please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. CRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CRA’s Evansville, Indiana office seeks a Laboratory Director with regional (i.e. Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois) experience. Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, excellent personal computer skills, being proficient in Word, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat and other word processing and spreadsheet programs. Successful candidates will be highly organized, detail oriented and logical. Must possess analytical and observational skills that demonstrate an ability to direct laboratory personnel. We expect that the Laboratory Director hired will demonstrate flexible and efficient time management skills and will reflect an ability to prioritize workload while supervising laboratory procedures for multiple projects at various levels of completion. Must have strong working knowledge of both prehistoric and historic archaeology and related practices and artifacts. Experience with collections from the Ohio Valley and/or Appalachia is a plus. The minimum education requirement for this position is an undergraduate degree in anthropology with a specialization in archaeology. Must have at least five years of laboratory experience, three of which must have been in a supervisory position. Primary duties include but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating and monitoring all laboratory processing and analyses.
2. Oversees processing and analyses for laboratory and field technicians.
3. Under supervision of or with the assistance of the Principal Investigator writes data analyses section of technical reports.
4. Under supervision of or with the assistance of the Principal Investigator performs specialized analyses.
5. Develops, modifies, and implements lab methods and procedures for processing and analysis of materials.
6. Maintains, controls, and monitors all field and laboratory and equipment.
7. Responsible for coordinating with curatorial repositories for the final disposition of artifacts and projects records.
8. Responsible for preparing collections for curation and arranging delivery to curatorial facility.
9. Completes any other duties as assigned.
The position is a full-time, salaried position with a full benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The position is a full-time, salaried position with a full benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, three professional references, and a writing sample to Bridgette Robinson via email at barobinson@.... Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. employees are required to undergo a background check that includes driving history. CRA reserves the right to perform drug/alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment. Please contact Indiana Operations Director, Andrew Martin, amartin@... with questions about the position.
For more in-depth information about CRA and our 38 years of experience in the study of archaeology and the historic built environment, please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. CRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Celebrating 38 Years in Business!