Topics

Project Manager-UT, AZ, NV, CA, CO

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven cultural resources consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting fragile cultural resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation.

Job Description

We are actively seeking Archaeological Project Managers to assist with critical projects in Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California, and Colorado. Project Managers at PaleoWest help develop proposals and budgets for new opportunities, service our clients upon project award, and ensure the efficient execution of projects from cradle to grave. Our Project Managers work closely with Office Principals, Principal Investigators, Field and Laboratory Directors, and our Technology Team to deliver high-quality products that exceed client expectations.

Qualifications:

  • Graduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field is preferred, and seven years of demonstrated professional experience working on and leading archaeological survey, monitoring, and data recovery projects
  • Experience with the archaeology and history of Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, or Colorado
  • Ability to be listed as a Field Director/Crew Chief on BLM Cultural Resource Use Permits in one or more of the above-listed states is required. Strong preference will be given to candidates who can be permitted as a Principal Investigator in one or more of those states.
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals
  • Knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines pertaining to cultural resources
  • Demonstrated experience managing all types of archaeological projects, including preparing budgets and proposals, keeping projects within budget and on schedule, and consulting with clients and agencies
  • Demonstrated experience writing and preparing cultural resource technical reports
  • Demonstrated experience in developing business
  • Demonstrated leadership abilities including providing guidance and oversight to field and office staff

Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States.  If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume & cover letter including salary requirements. The successful candidate will have the option of reporting to any of our offices in Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California, and Colorado. This is a full time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule.

All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, or sex.

Interested parties apply here.