Project Director for Phoenix, AZ - Job Posting for AZTEC Engineering
Please job the below job to the Shovel Bums job board.
Project Director- Job Description
We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Project Directors for our Phoenix, Arizona office. The role will be to successfully complete archaeological projects in support of AZTEC's growing Cultural Resources Group.
• Work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision
• Perform archaeological research and conduct site file searches online and at federal, state, and tribal repositories
• Direct and participate in all types of archaeological investigations
• Develop and adhere to budgets and schedules
• Supervise and mentor junior staff
• Complete technical reports, consultation letters, work plans, scopes of work, and cost proposals
• Perform National/Arizona Register eligibility evaluations and make significance/project effect/treatment recommendations
• Review technical reports and consultation letters
• Prepare graphics using Esri GIS mapping software
• Assist clients with federal/state/tribal/local cultural resource compliance
• Coordinate with subconsultants and vendors
• Communicate effectively and work closely with fellow employees
• Perform travel that may include overnight stays for an extended period
Project Director- Required Skills:
• MA/MS in anthropology, archaeology, or closely related field
• Minimum of 10 years Southwestern experience; 2 years PD & report preparation experience
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated knowledge of Southwest prehistory and/or history, current archaeological field methods, SHPA and AAA, Section 106/ARPA compliance, and understanding of other federal/state/tribal/local cultural resource laws/regulations
• Demonstrated experience directing survey, monitoring, and testing and data recovery excavations
• Meet ASM, RPA and SOI requirements
• Reliable personal transportation, good driving record
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Ability/willingness to travel for overnight/out of town fieldwork
· Experience with ESRI GIS mapping software
· Experience collecting field data using ESRI Collector software is preferred
· Experience performing artifact analysis (ceramic, flaked stone, or faunal) or analysis of human remains
Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.