PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resources management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.
We are currently seeking an Archaeological Project Director for our Florida offices in Tallahassee and Tampa Bay. We are currently working remotely and are open to remote work arrangements from elsewhere in Florida. This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package that includes unlimited vacation and huge growth potential.
The successful applicant will work alongside our existing staff to successfully navigate cultural resource regulations for our clients. Candidates must have a M. A. in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field and five years of demonstrated professional experience working on and leading archaeological survey, monitoring, and data recovery projects. Experience with the archaeology and history of Florida is required. The successful candidate will work with our Southeastern team. They will oversee local and non-local field projects and should be able and willing to travel throughout Florida and adjacent states.
• Graduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field
• 5+ years of professional archaeological experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Commitment to achieving team goals
• Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources
• Demonstrated experience directing all types of archaeological projects (survey, excavation, and monitoring), including executing and directing fieldwork projects on budget and on schedule
• Demonstrated experience writing and preparing cultural resource technical reports
• Demonstrated leadership abilities, including providing guidance and oversight to field crews and office/reporting staff
PaleoWest is a respected firm, with offices across the United States. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, paid holidays, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Interested parties apply here.