Topics

Project Archaeologists needed in Louisville, KY - fulltime w/ benefits, salary commensurate w/ education & experience

Crook, Kelly

Wood’s cultural resource program is looking for a Project Archaeologist with Midwestern, Midcontinent, Plains, or Southeastern experience. This position is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)

Skills / Qualifications

  • Qualified candidates should possess a master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field, and have completed an accredited archaeological field school
  • A minimum of five years of demonstrable field supervisory experience in CRM is preferred
  • Candidates must meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards (36 CFR 61) in archaeology and be eligible for Register of Professional Archaeologists
  • Candidates must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures)
  • Candidates are expected to have the ability to hike cross-country at least five miles per day while carrying personal equipment and supplies and carry out the physical effort of excavations as well as operate a four wheel-drive vehicle
  • Extended out-of-town fieldwork, sometimes with long hours, occurs and candidates should be willing to perform this task
  • Candidates should also be willing to take direction and work as part of a team
  • They must also be capable of accurately identifying historic and prehistoric artifacts and archaeological features, keep standardized records of the field investigations, prepare site descriptions, photograph features and artifacts, prepare sketch maps of sites, and complete field forms
  • A technical skill set is preferred, such as, but not limited to, historic or prehistoric artifact analysis, GIS experience, archival research, or geoarchaeology / geomorphology
  • They should have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn
  • Project Archaeologists are lead authors and coauthors on technical reports that document the results of the investigation and should be able to write well; a digital copy of the applicant’s thesis may be requested as a writing sample
  • The ability to manage multiple projects at a time is essential
  • Prior to employment, applicants are required to take separate drug screening and physical fitness exams that Wood will arrange

If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.

TO APPLY – Apply on our website at the following link: https://amecfw-usexternal.icims.com/jobs/41350/job  or email Kelly.crook@...

Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion.  We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com

We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.

We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.

Kelly Crook

Recruiting Administrator
Direct: +1 864 448 8391

www.woodplc.com

This message is the property of John Wood Group PLC and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates and is intended only for the named recipient(s). Its contents (including any attachments) may be confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure by law. Unauthorized use, copying, distribution or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited. We assume no responsibility to persons other than the intended named recipient(s) and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions which are a result of email transmission. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email to the sender and confirm that the original message and any attachments and copies have been destroyed and deleted from your system.

If you do not wish to receive future unsolicited commercial electronic messages from us, please forward this email to: unsubscribe@... and include “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. If applicable, you will continue to receive invoices, project communications and similar factual, non-commercial electronic communications.

Please click http://www.woodplc.com/email-disclaimer for notices and company information in relation to emails originating in the UK, Italy or France.

As a recipient of an email from a John Wood Group Plc company, your contact information will be on our systems and we may hold other personal data about you such as identification information, CVs, financial information and information contained in correspondence. For more information on our privacy practices and your data protection rights, please see our privacy notice at https://www.woodplc.com/policies/privacy-notice