Topics

Principal Investigator-Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Louisiana

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resources management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job description

PaleoWest’s Texas office seeks a Principal Investigator to join our quickly growing team of experienced, motivated professionals. We are looking for an individual to assist Project Managers with projects in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Principal Investigators provide technical leadership on archaeological projects from inception to completion, oversee field and report staff, and to guide our clients through the regulatory process. This is a full time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package that includes unlimited vacation, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program.

Qualifications:

Minimum education of a master’s degree specializing in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field
Minimum field experience of two years in supervisory roles
The successful candidate will oversee local and non-local field projects and should be able and willing to travel throughout Texas and adjacent states
The successful candidate will work out of our Austin, Texas, office, but remote work is an option, and we encourage applicants from all locations to apply.
Demonstrated success in obtaining and completing Antiquities permits under the Texas Antiquities Code or the equivalent in a nearby state.
Ability and desire to contribute to or lead business development efforts
Maintains a strong network of professional contacts
Be adaptable and eager to grow

The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:

Demonstrated report writing experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals
Demonstrated ability to lead field crews and reporting efforts.
Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources.
Demonstrated experience directing a variety of archaeological projects.
Demonstrated leadership abilities.

Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume, cover letter including salary requirements, and three professional references. Pay is commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.