First Environment, Inc., a well-established, environmental consulting services industry leader, is seeking an experienced, part-time Principal Investigator to participate in cultural resource management associated with public infrastructure projects in New Jersey and New York.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Design, direct, and oversee cultural resources investigations and management including background research, field investigation/surveys, construction monitoring, artifact recovery, data analysis, and coordination of laboratory analysis.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Prepare permit applications.
- Manage projects within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Provide technical guidance to junior staff.
- Oversee and direct staff during field activities.
- Travel to project sites.
- Assist with marketing and proposal development.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients and project teams.
- Communicate project status and developments to clients, project managers, and project teams.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- A doctorate in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field or equivalent level of professional experience as evidenced by:
- a publication record that demonstrates experience in project formulation, execution, and technical monograph reporting, and/or
- a narrative detailing prior experience along with suitable professional references to obtain estimates regarding the adequacy of prior work.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience directing CRM projects associated with public infrastructure, including transportation, preferably in the northeastern US.
- Knowledge of NEPA and NHPA Section 106.
- Secretary of the Interior’s Qualification for Archaeology.
- Qualifications for issuance of permits specified in 36 CFR 296 and 43 CFR 7.
- Professional Archaeologist (RPA) designation (preferred).
- Experience in preparing technical reports.
- Ability to manage project planning, scope, schedule, and costs.
- Ability to supervise field teams including implementation of site health and safety plans.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely with clients, including state and federal agencies, and technical teams with respect to multi-faceted infrastructure projects.
- Familiarity with GIS applications, field technology, and relevant software.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of permit applications, proposals, and scopes of work.
- Ability to travel to project locations.
- Ability to carry equipment up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work outside on uneven terrain and in various weather conditions for long periods.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
First Environment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Please send your résumé by mail, fax or e-mail to:
First Environment, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
10 Park Place
Butler, NJ 07405
email skymer@... and copy to cross@...
(skymer and cross at www.firstenvironment.com )