Principal Investigator - Texas
Cypress Environmental Consulting LLC is a professional environmental services company seeking a Principal Investigator / Registered Professional Archaeologist in Houston, Texas.
This position requires 5+ years of applicable experience and knowledge of the Antiquities Code of Texas, Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and the National Environmental Policy Act. Responsibilities will be to assist the Cypress Environmental Consulting team in conducting archaeological investigations for various projects across the state of Texas and surrounding region.
The position will require cultural resources assessment including pedestrian surveys, construction monitoring, National Register of Historic Places eligibility testing, and data recovery investigations. In addition, the position shall also support the laboratory processing and curation preparation activities associated with projects and will be involved in the analysis of artifacts and the preparation of technical reports associated with each project. The position will support the firm's vision of providing quality environmental documentation and consulting expertise in a timely manner.
Employee will have the following minimum duties and responsibilities:
· Conduct cultural resources investigations, including background studies, field investigations, surveys, permit acquisition, data analysis, artifact recovery, curation, and agency coordination.
· Perform duties for cultural resources projects on-budget and on-schedule.
· Prepare or assist in preparing technical reports and other deliverables to clients.
· Prepare archaeology permit applications.
· Prepare reports from project data and field observation notes.
· Conduct field investigations and analysis of field data and artifacts recovered to aid the preparation of report data.
· Assist in developing and utilizing GIS data for project specific assignments.
· Position will be based in Houston, Texas with travel requirements expected 25% to 50%.
· Communicates professionally and in an effective manner with project staff, clients, resource agencies, sub-consultants concerning project goals and results.
Employee shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
· A Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or Historic Preservation, or a closely related field and with a minimum of three (3) years applicable experience.
· Experience interpreting and applying Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, and the rules and regulations associated with the National Environmental Policy Act.
· Excellent writing skills for correspondence, proposals and reports.
· Ability to work independently.
· Able to present a professional appearance appropriate to regular client and regulatory agency interface.
· Able to travel 25% to 50%.
· Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
· Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States.
Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.
To apply for this position, please email in Word or PDF format a copy of your cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, your resume/CV, a minimum of 2 professional references, college transcript(s) (official or unofficial), and date of availability to: admin@....
Cypress Environmental Consulting LLC supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.