Topics

Principal Investigator Opening in Phoenix Area (ACS)

ACSTempe

Archaeological Consulting Services, Ltd. (ACS), a 43-year-old environmental planning firm in Tempe, Arizona, is seeking to hire a cultural resource Principal Investigator (PI). This position is full-time, salaried with benefits, and the pay level is competitive, commensurate with experience. For additional information about ACS and how to apply for this position, please check out the Employment Information section of our website (http://www.acstempe.com). This position is open until December 31, 2020 (although it may be filled sooner).

The successful candidate will:
• have a Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Anthropology (Archaeology);
• qualify as a Project Director and Principal Investigator for our Arizona state permit (requirements can be found here: https://statemuseum.arizona.edu/crm/documents);
• have 10 or more years of experience in archaeology (Southwest preferred), with two as a PI;
• have three or more years of experience managing multiple small and mid-size projects and providing support for larger (>$1M) projects;
• have an understanding of cultural resource compliance within the framework of state and federal regulations;
• have a track record for conducting and reporting on relevant research; and
• ideally, have a close familiarity with the performance of such tasks in Arizona and under ADOT contracts.

The graduate degree and qualifications for the Principal Investigator on an Arizona state permit will be shown preference; we may be able to work with you on achieving the specific combination of experience ASM requires for the PI if you qualify as a Project Director. We are looking for a highly experienced person, with local experience preferred.