Topics

Principal Archaeologist (Mid to Senior) Location: Macon, GA - Dynamic Environmental Associates, Inc.

David Jermakian

Position: Principal Archaeologist (Mid to Senior)

Location: Macon, GA

Minimum Qualifications:

B.A. in Anthropology or Applied Archaeology (M.A. preferred) and 2-5 years of relevant experience.

Position:

Dynamic Environmental Associates, Inc. is a multi-disciplined, environmental consulting firm dedicated to providing our clients with complete solutions to their environmental concerns.  DEA staff is comprised of professionals who are well respected in their areas of expertise.  As a result of our unique structure, our staff work together as peers, not as leaders and followers.  In order to maintain this structure, each individual in the firm has to be dedicated to meeting the needs of our clients as well as achieving success for the firm.

We are seeking an exceptional and responsible individual to join our team of professionals.  Travel in and out of state will be required.  The position will have the potential for advancement and will depend on technical competence, dedication, management abilities and achieving established goals.

The position requires a proven track record of technical competence, project management, telecommunications/utility related investigations, as well as achieving performance, capability, and workload goals.

Ideal Candidate:

The ideal candidate will possess a variety of skills and qualities sought by our company. The position will be filled by a conscientious individual with exceptional experience and unquestionable integrity who is highly motivated, independent, yet able to work with others, and well versed in the stated disciplines.  The individual must be exceedingly reliable, possess superior technical writing skills and have strong interpersonal skills allowing for comfortable interaction with a wide demographic.

Being able to step into the position with a very short learning curve is key.  Therefore, being independent and reliable is paramount.  Professionalism and experience are also key factors. The right individual needs to be forward thinking, able to meet strict deadlines, adhere to budgetary constraints, work with little supervision, and be able to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.  Candidates must be proficient in computer skills and have a strong knowledge of Microsoft software. Excellent technical writing abilities are essential.

Candidate Requirements/Metrics:

  • Familiarity with NEPA & Section 106 Process.
  • Experience providing services to the Telecom industry
  • A broad understanding of SHPO requirements and how they differ from state to state.
  • Understanding of prehistoric southeastern archaeology and other regions.
  • Familiarity with architectural history.
  • Ability to plan and implement site visits - both with and without ground disturbance.
  • Willingness to work in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and below average temperatures.
  • Effective time management skills.
  • Ability to communicate effectively.
  • Technical writing abilities.
  • Experience with GIS systems (ESRI, Globe Explorer, etc.).
  • Experience with telecommunication sites and/or utility projects.
  • Project Management abilities and experience.
  • Leadership abilities. Proven record of positive and professional personality with the ability to interact with individuals with a variety of backgrounds and skill sets.

Contact Information:

For consideration please submit a detailed resume specifically addressing the above metrics, together with salary expectations, by email to:

Employ@.... Reference GA-Arch Position in the subject line of the email. No telephone calls or recruiters please.

David A. Jermakian, President

logo_full email

(877) 968-4787