Topics

POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking TWO Archaeology Techs/Crew Leads for Texas/the Gulf Coast region for immediate work

Janet Littley <janet.littley@...>

POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking TWO Archaeology Techs for TX and the Gulf Coast region for immediate work, starting the week of February 22, 2021. This is for a three-week project, but may be longer or lead to additional work.

Please apply here to be considered.

Archaeological Field Technicians/Crew Chiefs

POWER Engineers’ Environmental Division provides planning, permitting, engineering, site assessment and corrective action services to clients worldwide. Across multiple industries, our diverse staff specialize in the areas of air, water, waste, ecological and cultural resources throughout our 45 offices located across the country and internationally.

We have an immediate need for Archaeological Field Technicians and Senior Techs/Crew Chiefs for fieldwork on upcoming projects in Texas and the Gulf Coast region. The selected candidates will join a team of more than 230 environmental professionals across the U.S.

These are hourly positions on project basis, however future work is eminent. Pay will be determined by education and experience. The successful candidates will have a demonstrated ability to perform Phase I archaeological survey work in Texas or surrounding states. Projects may involve extended periods of field supervision. Additional work/tasks may arise providing additional work opportunities.

Roles and Responsibilities

The Field Technician provides technical support, utilizing a basic understanding of anthropological and archaeological field techniques in connection with locating, testing, recording, mapping, and evaluating archaeological sites and supporting field surveys. Conducting field surveys (pedestrian and shovel test surveys) using topographic maps, aerial photographs, and GPS systems will be a regular part of this role.

This position requires the ability to work long hours, in difficult or remote environments, and in varying weather conditions and the ability to work with groups composed of diverse personalities. A positive attitude and ability to accept direction is a must, as well as the ability to work independently, and to fully plan and execute personal assignments with minimal instruction.

Required Education/Experience

·         Bachelor’s degree in Archeology, Anthropology, or a related discipline

·         Previous CRM field experience or academic archaeological field school

·         Knowledge and understanding of equipment, technology, and paperwork used in the recording and documenting of archeological sites and artifacts

·         Experience with local cultural history and material culture in Texas and surrounding states

·         Ability to work independently, and to fully plan and execute personal assignments with minimal instruction

·         Knowledge of health and safety standards

·         Valid driver’s license

·         Ability to work long hours and in harsh environments and in varying weather conditions

·         Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with team members

Desired Education/Experience

·         Experience in pipeline, utility transmission, petrochemical exploration projects highly preferred

·         Experience with Arc Collector data collection proficiency is preferred

Your resume must provide detailed work experience during the last five years, three current references, and complete contact information. Candidates may expect to be subject to client or project specific formal background checks or drug test regimens.

Candidates will be driving and performing fieldwork in proximity to construction equipment. As such these projects will require a pre-employment drug screen.

At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.

Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.

EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled