POWER Engineers - Archaeological Field Director - Portland, OR - full-time, salaried, excellent benefits!
Janet Littley <janet.littley@...>
Archaeological Field Director
Please apply using this link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POWERENGINEERS&cws=1&rid=6952
POWER Engineers’ Environmental Division provides planning, permitting, engineering, site assessment and corrective action services to clients worldwide. Across multiple industries, our diverse staff specialize in the areas of air, water, waste, ecological and cultural resources throughout our 45 offices located across the country and internationally.
POWER is seeking an Archaeological Field Director for our Cultural Resources Group to join our 250-person Environmental Practice team working in our Portland, OR (Lake Oswego) office. This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package.
Roles and responsibilities
This Archaeological Field Director will work with a multidisciplinary team of archaeologists, biologists, and ecologists on a variety of project scales. This position will require frequent regional travel, as well as office-based work.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting with managing complex projects
· Maintaining and building client relations
· Assisting in proposal writing
· Directing archaeological fieldwork
· Preparing reports
Potential field work may include, but is not limited to:
· Pedestrian field inventory
· Evaluative testing
· Site mitigation
· Leading field crews
· Working with subcontractors
Office work includes, but is not limited to:
· Pre-field preparations
· Site form preparation
· Technical report writing
· Frequent coordination with agencies (Federal and State) and project stakeholders
· Master’s degree or commensurate experience in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related discipline
· Ten (10) + years of experience as a project archaeologist/field director in the Pacific Northwest, supervising Cultural Resource Management field investigations
· Experience in Oregon, Washington, and Northern California required
· Experience with the archaeology and history of Utah is required
· Ability to be listed as a Principal Investigator on the Oregon and Washington BLM Cultural Resource Use Permits is required, at a minimum
· Excellent research and writing skills
· Qualified applicants will possess strong leadership skills, technical skills, and communication skills
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of equipment, technology, and paperwork used in the recording and documentation of archaeological sites and artifacts
· Demonstrated experience in archaeological analysis and report writing
· Ability to work independently, fully planning and executing personal assignments with minimal instruction
· Knowledge of health and safety standards
· Ability to work long hours, in harsh environments, and in varying weather conditions
· Ability to successfully lead teams composed of diverse personalities
· Candidates may expect to be subject to client or project specific formal background checks or drug test regimens
· Oregon or Southwest Washington residency is preferred
PLEASE PROVIDE THREE PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES IN YOUR APPLICATION
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.