Permanent Full-time Field Director - Albuquerque, NM

Kent Mead

Field Director – Albuquerque, New Mexico

Harris Environmental Group (HEG) is hiring a full-time Field Director for cultural resources projects throughout the Southwest U.S. This position will be based out of our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. The Field Director will primarily support archaeological survey projects in New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and Colorado, but will also support monitoring, and testing and data recovery projects, as needed.

In order to meet our clients’ needs, the successful candidate must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards for Archaeology, thus, a graduate degree is required for this position. The position will require up to 80 percent travel and field time and 20 percent office and report writing time.

 Qualifications:

·         Graduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a related field (required)

·         At least 5 years of experience in CRM, including at least 2 years in a supervisory position (required)

·         At least 2 years of experience in CRM in the Southwest (required)

·         Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to CRM (preferred)

·         Permitted to supervise survey and excavation work on Federal and State Lands in NM, AZ, UT, NV, and/or CO (preferred)

·         Current valid driver’s license (required)

 Job Duties and Responsibilities:

·         Planning and executing large pedestrian surveys

·         Supervising field crews, including crew chiefs and field technicians

·         Training and mentoring field technicians

·         Delegating tasks to field staff

·         Ensuring accurate and organized data collection in the field

·         Completing forms to agency standards

·         Identifying and recording sites, features, and artifacts in the field

·         Making recommendations of NRHP eligibility for a variety of cultural resources

·         Working to keep projects on schedule

·         Implementing health and safety plans in the field

·         Assisting in the preparation of reports

·         Working closely with our Project Directors and Principal Investigators

This is a full-time, salaried position, eligible for full benefits. The starting salary range for this position is $50,000 - $56,000. HEG’s benefit package includes medical, dental, and life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, flexible work schedules, telework options, paid time off, and a retirement plan with employer contributions. Per diem is provided for projects outside of the Albuquerque area.

HEG (www.heg-inc.com) is a woman-owned cultural and natural resources consulting firm, specializing in the western U.S. Our team includes archaeologists, architectural historians, wildlife biologists, environmental scientists, plant ecologists, and administrative personnel. We have a long history of working with federal, state, and local agencies throughout the West. Our business is growing, and we are looking forward to welcoming new members to our team.

HEG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, or military service.

Please send a letter of interest (including date of availability) and CV or resume to Kent Mead at kmead@....