Permanent Full-Time Opportunity- Field Archaeologist located in Riverview, FL

Michelle Sanchez

Join Cardno’s Cultural Resources team located in Riverview, Florida. We are seeking innovative and motivated archaeologists to help grow our cultural resources program that currently supports a diverse range of challenging and rewarding projects. In the past several years our team has provided cultural resource services for large linear pipeline surveys, solar fields, residential and commercial developments, wetland restorations, streetcar lines, and major urban redevelopments.

Our Cultural Resources Department is looking for local applicants to fill several Field Archaeologist I positions based in our Riverview, FL office. The positions are Bill Time Only (BTO) on a project to project basis, and may require up to 40 hours per week depending on the project. Field Archaeologists will work closely with office and field staff to conduct archaeological surveys, monitoring, testing, and data collection.

Primary Responsibilities:

> Frequent travel may be required for this position, potentially for extended periods of time (travel, per diem, and single occupancy hotel provided)

> Field duties may include Phase I and Phase II survey, Phase III data recovery, data collection for historic architectural survey

> Laboratory duties may include artifact processing, classification, and curation, artifact photography, database management, mapping, and report layout.

Minimum Qualifications:

> Applicants must reside within reasonable daily commuting distance to the Riverview,    FL office location

> B.A./B.S. in anthropology, archaeology, history or related field

> Experience conducting Cultural Resource Management field surveys or previous field school experience

> Knowledge of prehistoric and historic material culture from Southeastern U.S. region

> Able to complete physically demanding tasks in remote areas often in humid conditions, including walking, hiking, carrying loads up to 50 pounds, and digging

> Ability to navigate (i.e. orienteering) in remote outdoor conditions with field maps

> Positive, flexible, & team-oriented approach

Preferred Qualifications:

> Demonstrated work experience as an archaeologist in a field setting

> Ability to identify pre-historic and historic artifacts from Southeastern U.S. region during field survey

> Experience with GPS technology (Trimble, portable tablet GNSS antennas, RTK)

> Prior experience with/training in human osteology and faunal analysis a plus

To apply, please go to:

https://cardno.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Cardno_Careers/job/Riverview-FL/Field-Archaeologist_REQ-6452

Michelle Sanchez
TALENT ACQUISITION TEAM LEAD
CARDNO

Office +1 720 257 5800  Direct +1 720 257 5790
Address 8310 South Valley Highway Suite 3172 and 3179, Englewood, Colorado 80112
Email michelle.sanchez@...  Web www.cardno.com

CONNECT WITH CARDNO

This email and its attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). All electronically supplied data must be checked against an applicable hardcopy version which shall be the only document which Cardno warrants accuracy. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution or copying of the information contained in this email and its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please email the sender by replying to this message and immediately delete and destroy any copies of this email and any attachments. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Cardno.