· B.A. or B.S. degree in geology, earth sciences, or a closely related field
· 1+ years monitoring experience in California preferred
· Basic knowledge of field geology skills, measuring stratigraphic columns, and proficiency in recognizing fossils and trace fossils as well as collection methods
· Must be proficient in paleontological field techniques, including use of GPS receivers and database management
· Current valid driver’s license, with the willingness to drive in “off-road” conditions
· Ability to endure adverse environmental conditions, including hot and cold temperatures, precipitation, and challenging terrain for sustained durations
· Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume & cover letter including professional references and hourly pay requirements. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience. When applicable, per diem and lodging will be provided for out of town work.