Paid Internship, Lab Tech - One Year, Full Time - Tuscaloosa, AL
TerraXplorations, Inc., is seeking laboratory technicians for our facility in Tuscaloosa, AL. This position will aid the Lab Director in executing project duties which include, but are not limited to artifact analysis, data entry, research, organization of the lab, and curation.
Only applicants who can work full time (40 hrs/week) for a duration of 12 months should apply. Pay begins at $10/hour with benefits and paid holidays.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field, from an accredited institution.
• At least six months of archaeological experience in the field or lab, or both.
• Ability to learn quickly, think critically, navigate protocols, and conduct work efficiently
• Ability to travel occasionally
• Available for full-time work (40 hours/week) for one year (12 months) after start date
• Demonstrate ability to conduct research, follow guidelines, and problem solve
• One year of archaeological experience in the field or lab, or both.
• Familiarity with excel, word, access, and other computer applications
• Specialization in both precontact and historic era Southeastern archaeological materials and analyses
The lab technician internship is a term appointment for one year after start date, potentially renewable based on performance.
Requirements for application:
• Cover letter
• CV (curriculum vitae)
• Transcripts from highest qualifying degree (student issued is sufficient)
Optional for application:
• Writing sample
• Recommendation letter(s) (limit to three maximum)
To apply, send a CV/resume and cover letter with “Lab Tech – Tuscaloosa” in the subject line to hr@...