On-Call Archaeological Field Technician-Colorado (adjoining states as needed)

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven heritage management consulting firm serving clients throughout the United States and internationally. We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job Description

PaleoWest is seeking Archaeological Field Technicians for upcoming projects in Colorado and neighboring states, as needed. The role will assist the Field Director and Project Team in completing archaeological surveys. You should be available to work full-time on an as-needed basis. Applicants with local experience and who reside in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming will be given preference. Surveys may involve camping in remote areas, and per diem is provided. We will compensate successful applicants for their travel to the project.

Qualifications

B.A. or B.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required

Must have certification from an accredited Archaeological Field School or have demonstrated equivalent experience

Ability to endure adverse environmental conditions, including heat, cold, rain, wintery precipitation, and challenging terrain for sustained durations

Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment

Current valid driver’s license

Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including professional references and hourly pay requirements. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience.

All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.

Interested parties apply here.