Topics

On-Call Archaeological Field Technician-Bay Area #askanarchaeologist

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resource management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job Description

PaleoWest is seeking on-call Field Archaeologists for various projects throughout California. The position will be based out of our Bay Area office. PaleoWest is a technology-forward company that places an emphasis on high-quality data collection and archaeological standards. Experience and adaptability using technology is encouraged.

Fieldwork may include adverse environmental conditions, including hot and cold temperatures, precipitation, and challenging terrain for sustained durations. Experience with monitoring, testing and data recovery excavation is preferred.

The position requires a B.A. or B.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or closely related field. The position also requires archaeological field school or demonstrated equivalent experience. Regional and local candidates will be prioritized.

Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including professional references and hourly pay requirements. Pay and benefits are commensurate with experience. When applicable, per diem and lodging will be provided for out-of-town work.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.