Topics

NOW HIRING: CRM Principal - Applied EarthWorks

Jennifer Barbee

Principal Archaeologist

 Applied EarthWorks, Inc. (Æ) has an immediate opening for a full-time Principal Archaeologist to manage complex projects, lead bid & proposal efforts, and review written reports. This unique role can be in any of our Æ offices or performed remotely, telecommuting as appropriate.

 Æ is a leading consulting firm specializing in history, archaeology, cultural resources management (CRM), and paleontology.  We recognize that our staff is our greatest asset and we are committed to maintaining a collegial, professional, and positive work environment. We take pride in providing a great place to work and we seek a qualified individual to join our team of stellar professionals.

Duties:

Reporting to the Managing Principal or President, the Principal will manage and direct large and complex cultural resource projects, working closely with others throughout the company. Job duties include those assigned to the Senior Archaeologist. Additionally, the Principal Archaeologist will manage client and agency relationships; maintain current regulatory expertise; mentor lower-level staff; advise staff members as they design and carry out projects; perform high level QA/QC to ensure that products meet the company’s technical, regulatory, professional, and scholarly standards; participate in marketing and new business development; and represent the company in business and professional activities.

Skill Requirements:

Manage and direct complex archaeological fieldwork, lab processing, and/or or technical analysis and report preparation;

• Complex budget development, personnel management, and scheduling;

• Complex proposal preparation;

• Employee management/supervision and mentoring;

• Ability to review RFPs and contracts, identify potential pitfalls, and make sound bid/no-bid decisions;

• Ability to generate work for staff;

• Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing technical reports timely;

• Report review and editing skills;

• Ability to adapt quickly to changes in project needs;

• Thorough understanding of the CEQA, NEPA, NHPA Section 106, and other laws and regulations governing cultural resource management;

• Experience negotiating agreement documents;

• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of colleagues, clients, agency and tribal representatives, construction contractors, and other project stakeholders and to resolve conflicts when they arise.

Education/Experience:

• Advanced degree in anthropology, archaeology, historical archaeology, or related field required.

• Experience and expertise working with descendent communities.

• Minimum of 12 years progressively responsible employment in CRM which includes demonstrated management experience.

• Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA) certification required.

How to Apply

Please visit our website http://www.appliedearthworks.com/careers. Interested applicants may submit a letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, a technical writing sample and list of three professional references to Human Resources at info@.... Please reference “Principal Archaeologist” in the subject line. No phone calls please.

Æ is an equal opportunity employer.  All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental or physical), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor that is not related to the job.