Now Hiring -(1) Temporary/ Full-Time Archaeological Field Technician in San Diego, California

Clare Raimondo

Archaeological Field Technician

Location: San Diego Area, California

About Insignia Environmental

Insignia Environmental (Insignia) is a growing environmental consulting company focused on the needs of energy and infrastructure clients. Our staff has a foundation in planning, permitting, engineering, science, and real-world construction experience that translates into environmental documents and programs that represent the best in class for our clients and the environment. Insignia holds performance and responsiveness paramount while working with clients to meet their environmental needs, often on expedited timelines. We pride ourselves on knowing the latest environmental regulations, understanding the goals of our clients and regulatory agencies, and producing high-quality deliverables.

Why Join Us?

At Insignia, we work hard and take pride in the reputation of excellence that we have earned in our industry. The diversity of our projects ensures that employees are challenged and learning. We are looking for employees who strive to be the best in their field and enjoy exchanging knowledge in an interactive environment. Insignia also encourages and supports our employees in workshop and conference attendance to continue education in their fields.

Position Details

Insignia is looking for a qualified Archaeological Field Technician who will embody Insignia’s vision to be our clients’ most trusted partner, always delivering excellence with integrity. Responsibilities include performing archaeological fieldwork, conducting archaeological monitoring, surveying, and preparing daily field notes and monitoring logs. The Archaeological Field Technician may also be responsible for processing excavations, assisting with curation, and analyzing artifacts. The Archaeological Field Technician will work under the supervision of a Field Supervisor and/or Principal Investigator. This is a full-time position and can require working up to 10 hours per day, 5 to 6 days per week for 3 months or more. The position will support cultural resources field efforts in Southern California.

Job Description

·       Conduct archaeological monitoring and pedestrian surveying.

·       Identify historic and prehistoric period sites, artifacts, and features.

·       Prepare daily field notes and monitoring logs.

·       Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including the collection of spatial data using Trimble units for the identification and evaluation of prehistoric and historic resources.

·       Accurately record field data and observations via standard digital field recording devices.

·       Other tasks as assigned.

Requirements

·       Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field from an accredited archaeological field school.

·       Minimum of 1 year of field experience, including experience working on Cultural Resource Management projects in California, preferably in Southern California and San Diego County.

·       Minimum of 1 year of experience with archaeological monitoring and environmental compliance on major utility infrastructure projects in California.

·       Demonstrated ability to perform all aspects of archaeological monitoring.

·       Familiarity working on construction sites, coordinating with construction personnel, and interacting with Native American monitors.

·       Excellent communication and organizational skills.

·       Excellent writing and technical editing skills, with advanced experience in Microsoft Office.

·       Rigorously detail-oriented and committed to accuracy.

Other

·       Valid driver’s license and good driving record.

·       Willingness and ability to travel when needed.

·       Willingness and ability to work fluctuating and/or long hours as necessary.

·       Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.

·       While prioritizing health and safety, this position requires an individual who is able to walk and hike up to 6 miles a day through varying degrees of difficult terrain. Individuals may also be required to perform their job responsibilities in inclement weather conditions.

How to Apply

Interested applicants should submit a resume to jobs@... with a brief cover letter or cover email, including compensation requirements. Please include the words “resume” and Archaeological Field Technician in the subject line of your email. We request that applicants refrain from calling our office directly regarding this position.

Insignia may request, for lawful employment purposes, background information about candidates from a consumer reporting agency in connection with employment. Insignia is an equal opportunity employer. Insignia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition or characteristics, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law.

This email is intended for an individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email and it was not for you, make sure to immediately notify the sender by email and afterwards delete this email from your system. Disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action in reliance to the email content is strictly prohibited.