Topics

MCC Searching for Multiple Field Techs - Throughout California

Triamarie74

Material Culture Consulting, Inc. (MCC) is seeking Staff Archaeologists and Archaeological Field Technicians to participate in ongoing and upcoming projects throughout California.

MCC provides professional cultural resources services to a diverse client base throughout California, Nevada, and Arizona. We are currently providing support to multiple long-term and large scale projects and we are looking for experienced individuals who can work independently and with large teams. We provide a collaborative, supportive work environment, where every skill set and experience level are appreciated and respected. We provide employee mentorship opportunities, we prefer to promote internally, and there is a huge opportunity for career growth within our rapidly growing firm. We are looking for ambitious, motivated, energetic individuals who are passionate about archaeology and paleontology - and who are ready to work for an employer who cares about their needs and their lives outside of work, as much as they care about professionalism and doing the best job possible. MCC is becoming a reputable industry leader because of a few basic things: teamwork, professionalism, commitment to safety, responsiveness, collaborative management culture, and a great work environment. We hope these are the things you're looking for as well!

As a Field Technician, your primary role and responsibilities are to:

Perform pedestrian field survey and monitoring using tablets equipped with ArcCollector and/or Trimble units
Record resources when encountered during survey/monitoring tasks using our company and/or client field forms and prepare California DPR forms
Have a general understanding of environmental conditions and be able to provide descriptions (geologic, flora/fauna) in field notes
Participate in excavation using a variety of techniques (shovel testing, screening of soil matrix, data recovery excavations involving trowel and shovel)
Map survey areas and resources, and navigate in challenging field conditions - using mapping software, navigation devices, and paper maps (as necessary) in remote locations.
Prepare accurate, detailed field notes, and possess good organizational skills
Must display a professional demeanor when working with others - this position requires individuals to work with other MCC team members, clients, project developers and proponents, federal and state agency archaeologists, and construction personnel.
Drive a 4x4 vehicle (company provided) in challenging and remote terrain - safely and confidently

Position Requirements:

B.A. degree in anthropology, or a related field. M.A. candidates are also encouraged to apply. CA Field school through an accredited university or federal agency is highly preferred.
Three years of experience working in the CRM industry within California is an absolute requirement. Utility experience is highly preferred.
Must be able to identify historic and prehistoric artifacts, features, archaeological sites, structures, and buildings
Must be willing to travel for weeks at a time for long-term field projects
Must be willing to travel to California for work - no relocation expenses will be reimbursed for out-of-state applicants
Must be willing to adhere to CDC requirements related to COVID-19

This is an hourly position, and the number of hours given to employees will fluctuate based on company/client needs, and the skill set of technicians. Starting rate of pay with no experience is $20/hr. Highly experienced field technicians with advanced degrees may be hired at a maximum rate of $26/hr.
Please send a resume with experience organized by project, listing your personal responsibilities - rather than by employer - to info@.... Please include three professional references. Cover email rather than cover letter. The subject line should read "MCC Field Tech Applicant - Your Name".

Thank you so much for your interest! MCC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.