Logan Simpson - GIS Technician - Salt Lake City
R. Joe Brandon
GIS Technician - Salt Lake City
Logan Simpson, an environmental planning, cultural resources, and landscape architectural design firm, is looking for a GIS Technician to work in our Salt Lake City, Utah office – supporting the regional Cultural Resources Group.
The ideal candidate will have basic technical experience in using ArcGIS Desktop to prepare GIS end products. Additionally they will have knowledge of basic cartographic practices and standards. Current or recent graduate students in a MA program in GIS are preferred. This position will be a temporary, part-time addition to our Geospatial Team supporting archaeological survey efforts throughout the Intermountain Southwest.
· Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geographical Information Systems, Anthropology, or a graduate GIS certificate.
· 1 year minimum relevant experience.
· Familiarity with ArcGIS Desktop Suite.
· Excellent written/verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail and quality control is a must!
· Portfolio of previous cartographic products.
· Experience with Trimble TerraSync, Pathfinder Office, and/or other GPS software and equipment.
· Experience with archaeological spatial data collection and production of archaeological maps and graphics.
· Experience with Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD, and all ESRI ArcGIS products.
· Masters in GIS with relevant GIS coursework.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Kierra Z. Delco
51 W. 3rd St., Ste. 450
Tempe, AZ 85281
P (480) 967-1343
F (480) 966-9232