Immediate Need- Local On-call Archaeological Monitor (temporary), Colorado Springs, Colorado
Amie and Kimberly
AK Pioneer Consulting (AKPC) is a small woman-owned business working out of offices near Denver and Colorado Springs, CO. AKPC is searching for a local on-call archaeological monitor for a trail construction project in Colorado Springs, CO, starting immediately through the end of May 2021. Hours vary depending on the construction schedule. Hourly rates vary between $18-20/hr. depending on experience. All work varies between local with no per diem to travel with hotel and per diem.
Qualified candidates must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a related field;
· Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
· Ability to identify and assess prehistoric and historical archaeological materials in the field;
· Ability to work safely and efficiently on construction sites around large machinery;
· Ability to respond to schedule changes on-the-fly and perform monitoring duties as needed;
· Ability to think critically in the field and direct temporary work stoppages to permit a closer view of a potential discovery;
· Ability to document and report any concerns or issues related to archaeological or cultural finds on the construction site to the Principal Investigator;
· Ability to work in extreme climatic conditions, cold or hot weather;
· Ability to listen, follow instructions, and communicate clearly and effectively with supervisors or construction contractors during monitoring jobs;
· Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct monitoring activities for long hours (sometimes in inclement weather and rugged terrain); and
· A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
* Familiarity with digital field technology (Field tablets, GIS Kit, GPS, Trimble etc.) a plus.
Send Resume with at least two professional references by email to akpioneerconsulting@....