ICF On-Call Archaeologist San Francisco

Blackmore, Michael

Archaeologists On-Call

San Francisco Bay Area

Use this link to apply: Archaeologist On-Call San Francisco or email resume to michael.blackmore@...

We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.

ICF is currently seeking On-Call (Temporary) Archaeologists who are based in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Job Description

The On-Call/Temporary Archaeologist will assist senior archaeologists primarily in fieldwork, with tasks including survey, testing, evaluation, data recovery, and construction monitoring. However, other duties could include laboratory analysis, conducting background research, assistance with report preparation, and other tasks as assigned. This position requires excellent field skills, the ability to identify precontract and historic-period artifacts, and taking detailed field notes. Travel for up to 10 days may be involved, and work will occur outdoors under all weather conditions.

About On-Call Employment with ICF

Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as “On-Call” employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (while we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time, last minute scheduling may also occur), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (as long as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).

What You Must Have

  • Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field
  • 2+ years of field experience in archaeological monitoring and survey
  • Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with ICF senior staff and construction personnel
  • Knowledge and familiarity with computers and smart devices is critical
  • Background in precontact or historic-period archaeology is required
  • Ability to conduct field visits at locations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.

What We Would Like You To Have

  • Field experience in San Francisco Bay Area Counties
  • Cross training in paleontological monitoring
  • Mission-era experience or training
  • Osteology experience or training
  • Active 40-hour HAZWOPER training

This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.