ICF On-Call Archaeologist Sacramento

Blackmore, Michael

On-Call Archaeologist

Sacramento, CA

Use this link to apply Archaeologist On-Call Sacramento or email resume to michael.blackmore@...

We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.

ICF is currently seeking On-Call (Temporary) Archaeologists for various projects in northern California. These individuals will assist senior archaeologists in fieldwork, laboratory analysis, monitoring, and preparation of technical reports and environmental documents.

About On-Call Employment with ICF

Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as “On-Call” employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (along as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).

What You Will Do
Duties will include surveys, testing, evaluation, data recovery, and construction monitoring, as well as other tasks as assigned. Position requires artifact analyses, keeping of field notes and records, and possibly writing key sections of reports (methods, results, artifact analyses).

What You Must Have

  • B.A. Degree or higher in Anthropology with an emphasis in Archaeology
  • Knowledge of computers and GPS equipment
  • Ability/willingness to travel
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • 1+ years of field experience in archaeological survey and reconnaissance
  • Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.

This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.