Archaeological Crew Chief in Crawford, Colorado
Email Resumes/CV directly to:
CLICK to APPLY:
Archaeological Crew Chief Application
BRIC is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of
Crew Chief for an upcoming pedestrian survey around Crawford, CO on BLM lands
(ideal starting date middle to late October.)
This is an on-call, hourly, PT position but has the potential to roll over into more regular work with
several upcoming contracts that are being awarded.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Must be permittable at Crew chief or higher level for Uncompahgre BLM Field Office region
· Lead and supervise field crews engaged in archaeological fieldwork in a safe and efficient manner
· Provide complete and accurate accounts of field projects, including field notes, logs, and other relevant survey and/or site documentation, and ensure all documentation is collected, scanned, and uploaded in a timely manner
· Ensure company policies are enforced and fieldwork is completed to standards and guidelines provided by relevant federal, state, or local authorities
· Produce high-quality deliverables, consisting or graphics and/or narrative accounts of excavations, for inclusion in letter reports, technical reports, public presentations, and any other document mandated by clients or review agencies.
- A B.A. or B.S. in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field
- Completion of an accredited archaeological field school preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience conducting Phase I/II/III archaeological fieldwork, preferably in Southwest but most definitely in this region of Colorado
- 4 months experience with comparable cultural resources in similar cultural contexts and environmental settings
- UFO comparable experience requires experience from any of the following:
- NM counties: Conejos, Costilla, Delta, Eagle, Garfield, Grand, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Jackson, Mesa, Mineral, Moffat, Montrose, Ouray, Pitkin, Rio Blanco, Rio Grande, Routt, Saguache, San Miguel,
- UT counties: Grand, Uintah
- WY counties: Uinta, Sweetwater, Carbon, Albany
- Minimum of six (6) months experience supervising archaeological field investigations
- Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of terrains and weather conditions and lift and carry objects weighing up to 40-50 lbs.
- Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team
- Must be able to travel
- Candidates with GIS experience are preferred
Dine Development Corporation (DDC), is a wholly owned entity of the Navajo Nation, established in 2004 to provide economic benefits to the Navajo Nation. BRIC is a subsidiary of the Dine Development Corporation. DDC-BRIC is a SBA 8(a) SDB certified professional
science and technical services firm with an exceptional team of seasoned scientists, engineers and technicians. We provide a broad base of resources that support cutting edge products and services and enhance our client's ability to manage their energy, environment,
technology, and defense intelligence programs. BRIC serves as a trusted adviser for achieving and maintaining sustainable and long-term compliance with regulations that govern environment. The suite of services we offer spans all aspects of natural resource
stewardship and EHS compliance including natural resource management, cultural resource management, NEPA/CEQA compliance and environmental planning.
Diné Development Corporation
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential
information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete
this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.