Topics

Heritage Project Manager - Yucwmenlúcwu of Splatsin. Enderby, BC - Deadline for Submissions May 31, 2020

R. Joe Brandon

HERITAGE PROJECT MANAGER

Yucwmenlúcwu is a full-service Heritage, Environment, and Forestry resource management company based in Enderby, BC. We are a subsidiary of Splatsin Development Corporation, an economic development corporation wholly owned by Splatsin, the southernmost tribe of the Secwepemc Nation. At Yucwmenlúcwu, we believe in work-life balance, growing rewarding careers, and the highest standards of practice.

Our Heritage team thrives on building lasting relationships, continuous improvement, and bringing 21st century solutions to heritage resources management. We work with Splatsin to build capacity in the community and support Splatsin’s economic development goals.

Position Purpose:

Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) LLP is seeking a Heritage Project Manager for a full-time position with our Heritage team based in Enderby, BC.

The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:

  • Project management of archaeological and culture heritage resource projects
  • Liaison with technical leads, Yucwmenlúcwu senior management, and field and office staff
  • Proposal, work plan, budget, and contract preparation
  • Resource allocation, timeline and budget management, and monitoring time and attendance
  • Direct supervision, training, and mentorship of junior staff
  • Engagement with First Nations, proponents, landowners, and regulatory agencies
  • Active participation in the Yucwmenlúcwu Safety Management System

Minimum Qualifications:

  • Undergraduate degree in a relevant environmental or cultural resource management field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
  • A minimum of two years’ experience managing projects and people
  • Thorough understanding of project planning and execution
  • Experience and skills managing client relationships
  • Demonstrated ability to lead and complete projects on time and on budget
  • Advanced understanding of the first nations consultation and engagement process

Preferred Skills and Attributes:

  • Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
  • Previous experience working in a consulting environment
  • Previous experience working with a First Nation organization
  • Experience working in the cultural resources, natural resources, forestry, or construction fields.
  • General understanding of the First Nations consultation process
  • Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
  • Strong aptitude for technical writing and reporting
  • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
  • Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a diverse team
  • Demonstrated proficiency completing assigned tasks on time and on budget
  • Discretion and respect for confidentiality
  • Positive, diplomatic, and understanding personality
  • Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract

If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package, would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to human_resources@...

Deadline for Submissions

May 31, 2020

Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to

applicants of aboriginal ancestry.