DUKE Cultural Resources Management, LLC (DUKE CRM) is hiring for the position below:
Job Title: GIS Analyst (Archaeologist)
Location: Irvine, CA
DUKE CRM is seeking an experienced and qualified GIS Analyst to manage our GIS data and produce report-quality maps. This is a part- to full-time, hourly position. The position has professional responsibilities in the office, with occasional visits to projects and our Inland Empire office to train field technicians on and configure GPS units. Daily responsibilities include updating spatial data, maintaining GIS files and databases, maintaining the company web map application through ArcGIS online, creating and exporting report-ready maps, georeferencing and analyzing historic maps for research, using GIS tools to process data, writing and editing scripts, creating models in model builder, organizing GIS files through ArcCatalog, creating and updating GPS data dictionaries, editing maps in Adobe Creative Suite programs, and processing CAD data. The successful candidate will typically work 16-40 hours per week, depending on workload. Overtime is possible and at times, mandatory. NOTE: If the candidate is a qualified archaeologist, full-time work is available. Please include any archaeological experience on your CV when applying.
Preferred Professional Skills/Experience:
• B.A. or M.A. in Geography, Anthropology, or related discipline.
• 1+ years of GIS education (Certification, B.A., or M.A.).
• 2+ years of experience in professional GIS work with an emphasis in archaeology/environmental sciences.
• Expertise in ArcMap 10.5, 10.6, and/or 10.7 creating GIS layers, editing data, and making maps.
• Expertise in georeferencing maps.
• Expertise in data management including file and database skills.
• Knowledge of GPS data collection software configuration (Mobile Mapper, ArcPad and/or TerraSync).
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
• Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Actively engaged in learning the latest GIS tools.
Personal Skills and Attributes:
• Strong organizational skills and time management.
• Good problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
• A deep capacity for creative thinking on archaeological and GIS questions/issues.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication.
• Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and independently.
• A focus toward fulfilling client objectives.
• A desire to excel and a passion for working on complex and challenging projects.
About DUKE CRM:
DUKE CRM is a growing CRM firm based in Irvine, with a second office in the Inland Empire. We offer a relaxed, flexible, yet professional, work environment. We encourage our employees to excel and advance in all aspects. DUKE CRM is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive pay and benefits to match. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision, paid-time-off (sick, vacation, and holiday), life insurance, performance bonuses, and publication bonuses.
To Apply: Email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications, a CV, and references to Curt Duke at curt@....
Thank you very much,
Nick Hearth, M.A. RPA
Duke Cultural Resources Management
364 West Orange Show Lane
San Bernardino, CA 92408