Topics

FW: Tetra Tech Archaeological Field Director/Crew Chief for Salt Lake City Office

Karpinski, Mark

Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.

Tetra Tech’s Salt Lake City office is currently looking to hire a Cultural Resource Field Director/Crew Chief to support of our Intermountain Region cultural resource group which operates within the states of Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, Idaho, and Colorado. The job will require frequent regional travel as well as office-based work and time spent working with overseeing agencies and project stakeholders. During field work, single occupancy hotel is paid by the company and, depending on the project, per diem or receipt reimbursement is provided for overnight trips.

Responsibilities: The candidate is to act as both a senior archaeologist and supervisor supporting the Intermountain Region’s Principal Investigator during cultural resource undertakings. Potential field work includes, but not limited to, field inventory, monitoring, evaluative testing, and site mitigation. Field work tasks can include leading technician crews and working with subcontractors. Office work will include pre-field preparations, technical report writing, sites forms, and related tasks for a given undertaking. Frequent coordinating with lead agencies and project stakeholders is also expected for this position.

Qualifications: The candidate must have at least five years of cultural resource management experience in the Great Basin and Intermountain West of the United States. The candidate needs to at least qualify as a field supervisor for inclusion on Bureau of Land Management cultural resource blanket permits on one or more of the states in which the Intermountain Region operates: Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, Idaho, and/or Colorado. Holding current MSHA Part 46 certification and GIS skills are a plus. Pay will be depending on experience.

Degree Requirements: Minimum education requirement is a Master of Arts in Anthropology/Archaeology with a concentration in North American Archaeology.

Tetra Tech is an equal opportunity employer. EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contactor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.

If interested, please apply through www.Tetratech.com

Mark Karpinski, M.A. | Cultural Resource Project Manager | Tetra Tech
Direct +1 (801) 975-6284 |
mark.karpinski@...

This message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.