Topics

Full Time Field Archaeologist - Oklahoma

Dean Afendras

Position: Full Time Field Archaeologist - Oklahoma

Post Date: 12-15-2020

Afendras Archaeology, LLC is seeking 2 experienced field archaeologists to assist with upcoming fieldwork.  The positions will entail primarily Phase I survey fieldwork and report production for projects in primarily Oklahoma.

The ideal candidate will be Secretary of the Interior qualified and have a graduate level degree with an emphasis on archaeology (RPA preferred) and at least 3 years of continuous CRM experience on the southern Plains.  The candidate will be able to supervise and complete Phase I survey projects of various complexities and crews of various sizes.  The fieldwork will be conducted in a variety of environmental settings and weather conditions.  The candidate will also be able to identify, document, and assess for NRHP eligibility both prehistoric and historic (with/without standing buildings) archaeological sites to regionally accepted and agency standards.

The ideal candidate must be driven and effective as a collaborative team member.  The candidate will work directly with supervisory personnel.

Afendras Archaeology, LLC reimburses mileage and per diem at the federal and/or relevant agency rate based on the needs of the project.

Pay is commensurate with relevant experience.

For questions, please contact Dean Afendras at dean@... or 405-708-1151.

To be considered, please send an email expressing your interest in the position with your CV to Dean Afendras at dean@....

Dean Afendras, MA, RPA (ID# 32177754)

President/Principal Investigator