Field Techs Needed for West Virginia Project
Charles "Chuck" Niquette
The Hurricane, West Virginia office of Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA) seeks temporary Archaeological Technicians to support ongoing Phase II National Register evaluations of several prehistoric sites in Cabell County, West Virginia. The project is currently underway, and is scheduled to continue until early April, 2021. Fieldwork will include a combination of manual and mechanical excavations.
· 10 days on 4 days off schedule
· 8 hour days
· $19.00 per hour (no overtime)
· $55 per day per diem (limited to scheduled work days)
· Single occupancy lodging will be arranged by CRA. Lodging will cover each work day and the night before each 10 day field session.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology (emphasis on archaeology) or a closely related field;
· Successful completion of an archaeology field school, preferably in the greater Ohio Valley;
· A minimum of six (6) months of archaeological field experience;
· Prior experience including the excavation of test units and cultural features;
· Ability to identify prehistoric cultural features and lithic and ceramic artifacts;
· Prior experience on CRM-based excavations;
· Strong verbal and written communication/documentation skills;
· A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
· Assist in excavation of bucket auger tests, test units, and the manual cleaning mechanically scraped surfaces to identify anomalies;
· Shoveling, troweling, hoeing, and screening soil;
· Note taking, completing forms, sketch drawings, etc.
All successful candidates must follow CRA’s COVID-19 guidelines, including 100% mask wearing, social distancing, and sanitization procedures.
Please submit a letter of interest, up to date resume, and three professional references to Bridgette Robinson via email at barobinson@.... All successful applicants must pass a background check completed by the lead federal agency.
Please contact Mike Anslinger via email (manslinger@... or phone (304) 562-7233 with questions.
For more in-depth information about CRA and our 37 years of experience in the study of archaeology and the historic built environment, please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. CRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Celebrating 38 Years in Business!