Field Technicians - PA

Gary F Coppock

Archaeological Field Technicians – Part-Time, As-Needed

Skelly and Loy, Inc., A Terracon Company

Pittsburgh, PA

Skelly and Loy anticipates hiring one or more Field Technicians to work on Phase I and II archaeological surveys in Pennsylvania and nearby states on a project-by-project, part-time, as-needed basis.

To apply visit: https://careers.terracon.com/search/searchjobs  (search for location: Pittsburgh)

Terracon is a 100% employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.

Essential Roles and Responsibilities:

•             Perform field work at Phase I survey, Phase II testing, and/or Phase III data recovery levels

•             Perform basic laboratory tasks such as sorting, washing, and labeling artifacts

•             Prepare accurate and neat field and laboratory documentation and mapping

•             Complete time and expense reports using online applications

•             Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.  Participate in pre-task planning.  Report any safety issues or concerns to management.

•             Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.

•             Possess valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.

Preferred:

•             College/University degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely-related field

•             Completion of an archaeological field school or at least 3 months of professional archaeological experience

•             Demonstrated experience in archaeological fieldwork and recordation

•             Familiarity with Mid-Atlantic prehistoric and/or historical archaeology

•             Ability to perform physically demanding tasks such as lifting, and walking on uneven surfaces carrying at least 20 lbs. of equipment, and work in extreme (heat/cold) weather conditions

•             Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship

•             Ability to obey all company safety procedures, including those related to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic

•             Have access to a laptop or cell phone for completing and submitting time sheets and expense forms

•             Ability to pass a drug test

General Responsibilities:

•             Follow Covid-19 protocols

•             Must provide own vehicle, mileage will be reimbursed as dictated by the specific project contract

•             Benefits will not be provided due to temporary nature of position

Preferred Certification:

•             Working knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act

General Requirements: (this list applies to the general Terracon job-level classification, but is not directly applicable to the current position)

•             High school diploma or equivalent.

•             Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.

•             Certification in field of expertise required.  Examples include:

o             Asbestos Inspector

o             Asbestos Project Monitor

o             Lead Inspector

o             Mold Technician

To apply visit: https://careers.terracon.com/search/searchjobs  (search for location: Pittsburgh)

Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.

Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners.  If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!

Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:

•              On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well

•              Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects

•              Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions

•              Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures

•              Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others

•              Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability

•              Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits

•              Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones

•              Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs

•              Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages

If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!

Terracon provides environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials consulting engineering services delivered with responsiveness, resourcefulness, and reliability.

Private and confidential as detailed here (www.terracon.com/disclaimer). If you cannot access the hyperlink, please e-mail sender.