Topics

Field Director-San Bernardino County

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven heritage management consulting firm serving clients throughout the United States and internationally. We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals in the industry, and we place an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job Description

PaleoWest is actively seeking one or more Staff, Associate, or Senior Archaeologists to be available to fulfill contracting opportunities for a long term (one year minimum) assignment based out of Barstow, California. The position(s) will conduct archaeological fieldwork including data collection, site documentation, evaluation of prehistoric and historic cultural resources, monitoring, and reporting. Candidates must be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for a period of at least one year and must pass a criminal background check. Housing expenses are the responsibility of the successful candidate(s), and residency in the city of Barstow or nearby is expected.

Qualifications:

M.A. or M.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required

Professional Archaeologist (RPA) registration or equivalent required

Must be able to hike several miles daily, over all types of terrain, and be able to work in a variety of adverse weather conditions

Previous Mojave Desert experience required

Familiarity with artifacts and features common to Southern California is required

2+ years of proven archaeological experience required for Staff level position(s)

5+ years of proven archaeological experience and experience directing field crews required for Associate and Senior level positions

Working knowledge of GIS; proficiency in GIS is highly desired

Excellent oral and written communication skills and a commitment to achieving team goals

Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment

Must have a valid driver’s license and willingness to operate a vehicle in off-road conditions

Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including professional references and hourly pay requirements. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience.

All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.