Topics

Field Director-Phoenix, AZ

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resources management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job Description

We are currently seeking one or more Field Directors for various projects throughout Arizona. The position will be based out of our Phoenix, Arizona, headquarters. Under the supervision of a Project Manager, the Field Director will oversee archaeological crews on pedestrian transect surveys and testing/data recovery projects. Field Directors must be able to walk several miles daily, over all types of terrain, and be able to excavate in a variety of conditions. Travel throughout Arizona is anticipated. Familiarity with artifacts and features common to the American Southwest is required. Successful candidates must be permitted or permittable in Arizona. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and project bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance.

Qualifications:

·         Strong organization abilities with task and time management is a must

·         B.A. or B.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred

·         5+ years of professional archaeological experience in the American Southwest

·         2+ years of proven experience directing archaeological crews

·         Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals

·         Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment

Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, paid holidays, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.

All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.

Interested parties apply here.