Field Director-Los Angeles County

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven heritage management consulting firm serving clients throughout the United States and internationally. We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job Description

PaleoWest is seeking one or more Field Directors for various projects throughout California. The position will be based out of our Los Angeles (Monrovia) office. Under the supervision of a Project Manager, the Field Director will oversee archaeological crews on pedestrian transect surveys and testing/data recovery excavation projects. You should be available to work full-time on an as-needed basis. Applicants local to the project area will be given preference.

Qualifications:

·         Strong organization abilities, with task and time management a must

·         B.A. or B.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred

·         Must be able to walk several miles daily, over all types of terrain, and be able to excavate in a variety of conditions

·         Familiarity with artifacts and features common to Southern California is required

·         5+ years of professional archaeological experience

·         2+ years of proven experience directing archaeological crews

·         Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals

·         Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment

Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including professional references and hourly pay requirements. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience.

All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.

Interested parties apply here.