Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve
our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices
in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation
and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Project Director to support projects in the Pacific Region.
The individual will assist in project management, fieldwork, directing and mentoring other staff, and business development. The position is based in our Guam office,
with potential for project travel to neighbor islands (e.g., the Northern Marianas) and elsewhere in the Pacific. Guam or other Pacific Island experience is required. The salary for this position is $70k-$80k, relocation assistance is available.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Direct, conduct, and oversee fieldwork (e.g., survey, data recovery, construction monitoring); author and review reports; coordinate
regulatory consultation; develop and implement research designs, work plans, agreement documents; coordinate with clients; monitor project budgets; and assist with marketing and proposal development.
- Work closely with other archaeologists, biologists, and environmental planners.
- Provide technical guidance to junior staff.
- Provide a strong work ethic and commitment to technical and professional excellence.
Requirements and Qualifications
- MA/MS in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field.
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior's Professional Qualification Standards for Archaeology.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience managing and directing cultural resources projects in the Pacific Region.
- Experience in successful coordination and report approval with state and federal agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
- The ability to work closely with clients and other technical specialists as part of a larger combined project team.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (Trimble GPS) and GIS applications and software.
- Technical report and proposal writing experience.
- Ability to travel to remote locations.
- Ability to work outdoors and traverse rugged terrain for extended periods in all weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Successful candidates will be familiar with a fast-paced consulting environment and will help to develop effective solutions to both
expected and unexpected project challenges.
- Candidates specializing in human/non-human osteology are encouraged to apply.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited
resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.
To apply: Please use the following link:
Field Director. Or go to
www.kleinfelder.com, Careers, Career Search, Advanced
Search, Job #52973
Recruiting Services Specialist
550 West C Street, Suite 1200
San Diego, CA 92101
o| +1 619.831.4600
d| +1 619.831.4668
f| +1 619.233.3211
This email may contain confidential information. If you have received this email—including any attachments—in error, please notify the sender promptly and delete the email and any attachments from all of