Topics

Field Crew Position

Nurit Finn

Position Opening: Archaeological Field Technicians

Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. is accepting applications for archaeological field technicians for fall Phase I and II projects. Competitive wages, friendly work environment.

Candidates with solid archaeological field experience preferred. We are looking for self-motivated crew members who love being in the field, don’t mind overnight travel across the state and into adjacent states, and enjoy Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III fieldwork. This position may involve heavy fieldwork in all sorts of weather conditions.

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. does not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, age, creed, physical or mental disability, color, sex, actual or perceived gender orientation/identity, ethnicity, national origin, familial status, or protected veteran status in its employment practices, in the selection and retention of subconsultants, and in its procurement of materials and leases.  All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without race, religion, age, creed, physical or mental disability, color, sex, actual or perceived gender orientation/identity, ethnicity, national origin, familial status, or protected veteran status, or otherwise as required by law. Please tell us if you are a Section 3 Resident under the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.

Please send a resume and list of three references to:

Daniel Finn
Email: dannyfinn@...

Who We Are
Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. provides the full suite of archaeological and architectural history services. We offer opportunities to delve into a range of interesting projects, from Phase I surveys, to Phase II evaluation projects, to Phase III data recovery projects. We also provide public outreach and educational services including book creation, GIS products, exhibit design, educational signage and kiosk design, and National Register nominations. Our office is located in historic Anamosa, Iowa, a community near Cedar Rapids.

Eleisha Barnett for Nurit Finn
Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc.