Topics

Experienced Archaeologist - Knoxville, TN

Cardno Jobs

Cardno is seeking an Archaeologist based in eastern Tennessee, ideally near Knoxville or Chattanooga to support our Southeast Area offices.

To apply, go to https://cardno.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Cardno_Careers/job/Knoxville-TN/Archaeologist_REQ-5541

Responsibilities include but are not limited to:

> Managing cultural resource compliance projects for a variety of clients and Project Managers

> Conducting background research and record searches

> Directing and conducting archaeological fieldwork

> Completing analysis

> Making determinations of eligibility, if necessary

> Primary author on cultural resources reports which may include results of inventory, proposed protection measures, analysis of effect and recommendations on determinations of effect

> Coordination with client or Project Manager on expectations, project schedule, budget and deliverables

Basic Qualifications:

> M.A. or Ph.D. in anthropology/archaeology or related field or sufficient experience to meet Secretary of Interior Standards and Guidelines for Professional Qualifications for Archaeology or related field.

> Qualified applicants should exhibit good leadership qualities, strong technical skills, good communication skills, and feel comfortable making technical decisions in the field.

> Minimum eight (8) years of experience in archaeology and minimum four (4) years experienced at the Project Archaeologist level.

> Experience writing and producing technical reports for State Historic Preservation Office and other state and federal agency review.

> Very comfortable using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Adobe Acrobat.

> Working knowledge of GIS.

> Experience using a Trimble and associated software.

> Strong field supervisory skills and experience with both small and large crews.

> Ability to complete physically demanding tasks in remote areas and/or humid continental climate, including walking, hiking, carrying loads up to 50 pounds, and digging.

> Frequent out-of-town travel, potentially for extended periods of time.

> Requires effective communication between coworkers.

Desired Qualifications:

> 10+ years of professional experience preferred.

> Strong knowledge and experience working with Section 106 of National Historic Preservation Act; National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) experience is a plus.

> Direct experience with Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is a plus as is Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and US Army Corps of Engineers project experience.

> The ideal candidate is an individual that can identify and bring in work as well as see it through to completion.

CONNECT WITH CARDNO

70 years of shaping the future

This email and its attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). All electronically supplied data must be checked against an applicable hardcopy version which shall be the only document which Cardno warrants accuracy. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution or copying of the information contained in this email and its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please email the sender by replying to this message and immediately delete and destroy any copies of this email and any attachments. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Cardno.