Topics

Environmental Project Manager/Planner - Yucwmenlúcwu of Splatsin. Enderby, BC - Deadline for Submissions May 25, 2020

R. Joe Brandon

ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MANAGER/PLANNER

Yucwmenlúcwu is a full-service Heritage, Environment, and Forestry resource management company based in Enderby, BC. We are a subsidiary of Splatsin Development Corporation, an economic development corporation wholly owned by Splatsin, the southernmost tribe of the Secwepemc Nation. At Yucwmenlúcwu, we believe in work-life balance, growing rewarding careers, and the highest standards of practice.

Our Environmental team thrives on building lasting relationships, continuous improvement, and bringing 21st century solutions to environmental resources management. We work with Splatsin to build capacity in the community and support Splatsin’s economic development goals.

Our team is comprised of over 30 professionals and technicians focused on the protection and conservation of cultural and natural resources.  Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts guide our projects with precision and a vision for growth.

Summary of Duties

The Environmental Project Manager/Planner is responsible and accountable for the projects they manage and the employees working within those projects.  This includes the entire project timeline, project scoping and resourcing, estimation, proposal submission, project execution, invoicing and budget control, feedback and wrap up.  This position reports to the CEO.

Duties and Key Responsibilities:

  • Create project plans and mange resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are attained
  • Coordinate staff and cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focussed on efficient project execution
  • Guide the implementation of strategic initiatives and ensure Company goals and targets are met
  • Lead or participate in the overall development and management for Requests for Proposals (RFP) to secure new business
  • Coordinating and tracking of assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
  • Promote a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in SDC’s Safety and Environmental Program
  • Assign and monitor work of project staff, provide leadership, technical support and direction
  • Resolve disciplinary issues and escalate when appropriate
  • Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity, quality, and regulations
  • Participate in performance reviews and exit interviews

Qualifications:

Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Biological Sciences, Engineering, or related Environmental Discipline

Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:

  • Minimum five years multidisciplinary experience related to Environmental Management, Environmental Monitoring, Assessments, Regulatory Compliance
  • Registered Professional (e.g. RP. Bio, P. Ag, P. Geo, EP) with consulting experience
  • Possess an advanced level of competency in project management and the ability to identify/avoid potential problems or mitigate as they occur
  • Demonstrated advanced technical writing skills
  • Strong understanding of applicable provincial and federal environmental regulations
  • Proficient use of Project Management programs
  • Strong interpersonal, communication, and social skills and the ability to interact across a broad range of audiences
  • Discretion and respect for confidentiality
  • Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract

If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package, would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to human_resources@...

Deadline for Submissions

May 25, 2020

Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to

applicants of aboriginal ancestry.