Cultural Resources Monitor, Cultural Resource Consultants LLC, Anchorage, Alaska
Cultural Resource Consultants LLC (CRC) is now accepting applications for a Cultural Resources Monitor for a construction monitoring project in Alaska. The work will begin in May 2019 and will continue until November 2019.
The monitor will work eight to ten hours per day, six days a week, with Sundays off. The work schedule is based on the construction schedule and is subject to change. The successful candidate must be willing to live and work in a rural Alaskan village for a month or more at a time without a break. Monitors will be given one week off every six to eight weeks. CRC will provide transportation to and from Anchorage for scheduled breaks and at the beginning and end of the project.
The candidate must have good communication skills and the ability to work well with other archaeologists, local community members, and construction crews. The Cultural Resources Monitor will work with and report to a Lead Cultural Resources Monitor who meets the Secretary of the Interior standards for archaeology.
· Have a bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or Archaeology.
· Have a minimum of two years of experience in cultural resource management, with preference given to applicants with experience in Alaska.
· Have experience monitoring construction excavations.
· Be comfortable working in cold and wet conditions and have the ability to stand for up to 10 hours per day.
· Be able to work well with a team in challenging living and weather conditions.
· Be resilient and willing to live in an Alaskan village for several weeks at a time.
The successful candidate will be paid an hourly wage that is commensurate with experience. The monitor will also earn overtime. The amount of overtime will vary, but will generally fall between 8 and 14 hours per week.
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume and references to Michael Yarborough, Senior Archaeologist, at mry@....
For more information on Cultural Resource Consultants LLC, please visit our website at www.crcalaska.com.