Cultural Resources GIS Specialist - CA
Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental insurance, 401k opportunities, and paid time off.
Job Status: Full Time
Location: Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, California Metropolitan Area
Stell is soliciting interest from qualified applicants to provide cultural resources GIS on-site support in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario Metropolitan Area in California (CA). Only applicants within the metropolitan area or those willing to relocate immediately will be considered. Applicants must be available to work at the client office Monday through Friday. Work outside of normal business hours is not anticipated; however, some work during weekends may be needed, dependent upon client availability and work progress.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate experience and proficiency in performing data entry and heads-up digitization into the latest versions of ArcGIS. Typical work activities will include but may not be limited to: efficient and accurate review of cultural resources reports and site forms, attribute data entry, conversion of digital and hardcopy maps and figures for georeferencing, and heads-up feature digitization in ArcGIS. The successful applicant will exhibit a high degree of concentration to maintain data consistency and accuracy and be able to infer site location and attributes from typed and handwritten and documentation. The selected candidate will also be required to accurately report work results and progress on a frequent basis. Experience with cultural resources, ArcGIS inputs, spatial data Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) methods, associated quality control/quality assurance measures, national geospatial data standards such as Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) National Cultural Resources Data Standards (NCRDS), and CA Department of Parks and Recreation forms is preferred.
• Load existing geospatial data and input of new attribute data in ArcGIS 10.x file geodatabase
• Digitization of geometric features
• Quality assurance/quality control of existing geospatial data and newly created inputs
• Thorough and efficient review of cultural resources documentation
• Performance of accurate and consistent data input
• Utilization of ETL tools (Simple Data Loader, BLM Load Data Tool, Custom Designs)
• Adherence to national geospatial data standards (SDSFIE, BLM NCRDS)
• Conversion of hardcopy maps, georeferencing, and digitization
• Weekly, monthly, and task summary reporting
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• A Bachelor’s Degree in cultural resources, GIS, and/or a related field
• Experience with ETL
• Experience in performing cultural resources backlog data inputs
• Strong knowledge of ArcGIS attribute data and feature digitization
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in GIS for cultural resources is preferred
• Previous experience with review and interpretation of cultural resources documentation, specifically in CA
• Proficiency with the following technology and hardware/software solutions: ArcGIS 10.x, georeferencing techniques, ArcGIS data reviewer, MS Office suite (particularly Excel and Access), OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and Adobe PDF
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer service acumen, and possess an exceptional attention to detail
Please download and complete the application from our website www.stellee.com and submit it with a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, and your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to careers@... . No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.