Topics

Cultural Resources Field Technician @ SWCA Environmental Consultants

Edith Abasta

CULTURAL RESOURCES FIELD TECHNICIAN

Please apply via our site at: https://careers-swca.icims.com/jobs/10787/cultural-resources-field-technician/job

About the opportunity:

SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team of qualified cultural resources technicians based in Denver (Broomfield) or Fort Collins, Colorado. We are looking for field-ready individuals to be key players on primarily survey and testing projects. This position is a temporary, on-call, hourly position. With our network of offices across the US, we have the ability to move our field staff rapidly to meet these needs. Initial fieldwork will be in support of our other offices across the country through the winter and early spring, after which work will transition in support of our Rocky Mountain/Plains projects in the summer (primarily Colorado and Wyoming).

Our Denver and Fort Collins offices specialize in cultural and natural resources services within a relaxed work environment. We take pride in rapidly delivering on client needs, which can lead to extended field efforts with abundant overtime compensation. Per diem, lodging, and travel are provided for all fieldwork.

What you will accomplish:

Conduct archaeological fieldwork under the direction of a Field Manager or Assistant Field Manager (crew chief) on projects including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.

  • Thrive in our team-oriented approach to project execution.
  • Maintain a strong commitment to customer service and to producing quality work.
  • Conduct archaeological survey, excavation, and associated field recording, including completion of field forms, digital photography, and in-field mapping.
  • Gain experience with our rapidly developing tablet-based GPS and forms interfaces, along with web-based portals displaying project information.
  • Conduct archaeological lab work, including artifact washing, analysis, and curation preparation.
  • Use SWCA-provided personal protective equipment and comply with all SWCA and client safety policies.

Experience and qualifications for success:

  • B.A. or B.S. in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field required.
  • Archaeology field school or comparable experience required.
  • The ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and at high altitudes, is required. The ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
  • Previous Cultural Resource Management experience is preferred, especially in the Rocky Mountains and/or Great Plains.

SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.

If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations@... or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.

EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.

Visit Our Website!

The contents of this email and any associated emails, information, and attachments are CONFIDENTIAL. Use or disclosure without sender’s authorization is prohibited. If you are not an authorized recipient, please notify the sender and then immediately delete the email and any attachments.