Cultural Resouces Specialist - On Call - Utah, Arizona, Wyoming
CULTURAL RESOURCES SPECIALIST – On-Call
Established in 1999, Transcon Environmental, Inc., offers environmental consulting services throughout the western United States with offices in Arizona, California, Utah, Wyoming, and Virginia. Our highly successful team of environmental planners, biologists, and archaeologists provides environmental planning, permitting, and compliance services, as well as infrastructure siting, Class I literature reviews, Class II reconnaissance surveys, and Class III intensive pedestrian surveys, Phase I testing, Phase II excavation, Phase III data recovery, and environmental construction management and monitoring.
We are seeking on-call archaeologists for various field and office assignments out of our Draper (Salt Lake City) or Cedar City, Utah offices; Mesa, Arizona office; and Rawlins, Wyoming office. There is potential for these on-call positions to become full-time. Primary duties may include assisting with environmental compliance reviews, conducting cultural resource surveys, writing site forms and reports, and monitoring construction activities. Work will include both one-day and multiple-day assignments. Successful applicants should be able to work long days in the field, in both the winter and summer. Applicants who are permitted or are permittable in Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and/or Wyoming, and who are familiar with writing site forms and reports will be favored.
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in archaeology, or closely related field
· Proficiency in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming prehistoric and/or historic archaeology
· At least one year full-time professional experience in archaeological research
or cultural resource management
· Proficiency with sub-meter GPS
· Personal vehicle, excellent navigational skills, and a good driving record
· Ability to perform work duties independently and efficiently with short deadlines
· Motivated, thorough, accurate, dependable and trustworthy
· Strong writing skills
· Previous site form and report writing experience
· Permitted or permittable in any western-U.S. state(s)
· Experience driving a four-wheel drive vehicle off-road or in rough terrain
· Familiarity with typical transmission or electrical utility operations and maintenance activities
· Experience working around heavy machinery and communicating with maintenance crews
· Proficiency with sub-meter GPS and/or other field technology
· Ability to manage field crews
This position is non-exempt (hourly) and not eligible for full benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience. When overtime work is required, employee will be compensated with overtime pay in accordance with state laws; field expenses will be reimbursed on an individual project basis. Offers of employment will be contingent on the candidate passing drug and alcohol testing.
Send the following documents to Human Resources at humanresources@...
· One-page cover letter (mention any archaeological permits you may hold)
· Resume (3-page limit)
· Three references (include a supervisor and a co-worker)
· Writing sample (3 page limit)
POSTED: December 2019