CRA seeks FT Staff Archaeologists in Knoxville, Tennessee

Charles "Chuck" Niquette

For the past three decades, Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA) has been recognized as one

of the most respected full-service cultural resource consulting firms in the United States.

Headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky, CRA has offices located throughout the United States.

Our mission is to meet the client’s needs in the delivery of appropriate, high-quality, cost-

effective consulting services in the study of archaeology and the historic built environment.

CRA’s accomplishments are directly attributable to our core values: excellent service, respecting

all people, building strong relationships, honesty, integrity, supporting our employees, and

entrepreneurial spirit. To attract and retain the best talent, CRA shares its success with its

employees and offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package. For more information

about CRA please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. CRA is an Equal Opportunity

Employer.

CRA’s Knoxville, Tennessee office seeks a Staff Archaeologist with regional (i.e. Southeast)

experience. Experience in Tennessee is desirable. The qualified candidate must have a graduate

degree in Anthropology and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience conducting archaeological

survey. Candidate must meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards (36 CFR 61) in archaeology,

and should have demonstrated skills in CRM, including supervisory experience on Phase I

projects. The candidate will be expected to direct and manage phase I surveys for clients in both

the public and private sectors, including multiple projects at a time. Expect frequent stays away

from the office. Specific duties include managing field crews, conduct analyses, interpret

analytical data, and write reports. The ability to write clearly and professionally is very

important. Familiarity with the use of GPS units is expected. The candidate needs to be detail

oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills,

and must be technologically proficient including experience with databases. It is imperative that

the candidate be able to work 8 to 10 hour days (or longer if necessary) in a variety of conditions.

Stooping, bending and lifting are essential functions of this position.

The position is a full-time, salaried position with a full benefit package. Salary is commensurate

with experience. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, three professional references, and a

writing sample to Bridgette Robinson via email at barobinson@.... Cultural Resource

Analysts, Inc. employees are required to undergo a background check that includes driving

history. CRA reserves the right to perform drug/alcohol testing as a condition of continued

employment. Please contact Tennessee Operations Director, Travis Hurdle, via email at

twhurdle@... or by phone (865) 304-9141 with questions about the position.

http://www.crai-ky.com

Celebrating 38 Years in Business!