Topics

CRA Lexington Office Seeking Principal Investigation and Staff Archaeologist

Charles "Chuck" Niquette

Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA) is seeking qualified candidates to join our Lexington, Kentucky, office team. We are currently accepting applications for Principal Investigator and Staff Archaeologist.   Located at the heart of the Bluegrass, the Kentucky office is CRA’s headquarters and has a strong reputation for high-quality cultural resource investigations in the region, including large- and small-scale inventory surveys, National Register evaluation and data recovery excavations, and geophysical and cemetery studies.  We are looking for dedicated professionals seeking a permanent, full-time, long-term employment. These positions are full-time, salaried jobs with a full benefit package, including health, retirement and insurance. Salary expectations will be fully negotiable and commensurate with experience.

The ideal Principal Investigator candidate will have a graduate degree in anthropology with experience working in the Midwest, Ohio Valley or Southeastern U.S., a minimum of five years of supervisory experience in cultural resource contracting, and meet the Secretary of the Interior's (SOI) Standards (36 CFR Part 61) for archaeology. Other qualifications include excellent writing and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and technological proficiency that includes some experience working with GIS and relational databases.  Knowledge of relevant historic preservation legislation and regulations is essential. Qualified applicants will be registered with the Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA) or will be eligible for RPA registration. Primary duties will include solicitation of new projects, proposal and budget preparation, project logistics and oversight of staff, budget and schedule tracking, and execution of all phases of CRM projects  throughout the region.  This will involve conducting pre-field research, directing fieldwork and laboratory analysis, and preparation and technical review of reports. It is imperative that candidates be able to work 8 to 10 hour days in a variety of conditions and understand that there may be frequent stays away from the office. Stooping, bending, and lifting are essential functions of this position.  Please organize your vita identifying your experience by listing Phase III, Phase II and Phase I projects, location, duration, and your specific role in each.

The ideal Staff Archaeologist candidate will have a M.A. in anthropology with experience working in the Midwest, Ohio Valley or Southeastern U.S., a minimum of three years of experience and meet the SOI Standards (36 CFR Part 61) for archaeology. Other qualifications include excellent writing and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and technological proficiency that includes some experience working with GIS and relational databases. Qualified applicants will be registered with the RPA or will be eligible for RPA registration. Primary duties will include: Responsible for assigned phase I (inventory-level survey) and phase II (National Register evaluation) projects throughout the region.  This will involve conducting pre-field research, directing fieldwork and laboratory analysis, and preparing technical reports. It is imperative that candidates be able to work 8 to 10 hour days in a variety of conditions and understand that there will be frequent stays away from the office. Stooping, bending, and lifting are essential functions of this position.

Again, these are full-time, salaried positions with a competitive benefit package. Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience, education, and added skill sets and training. Please submit letters of interest identifying which position you are applying for, along with your resume and three professional references to Bridgette Robinson via email at barobinson@.... CRA employees are required to undergo a background check that includes driving history. Post-employment drug screening may be expected based on client expectations and contract requirements.

For more in-depth information about CRA and our 36 years of experience in the study of archaeology and the historic built environment, please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. CRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Celebrating 35 Years in Business!