CEMML: Archaeological Field Technicians at Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia ($15-$20/hr)
POSTED BY: Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands
Archaeological Field Technicians at Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia ($15-$20/hr)
The Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) has immediate openings for one or more experienced field technicians at Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia to conduct archaeological surveys and inventories of proposed forestry harvest blocks. The Field Tech(s) will also assist in other cultural resource management activities as required. Such activities may include: equipment maintenance, GPS data collection, and attending Environmental and Natural Resource Division meetings, training, and outreach events. Hourly wage is commensurate with experience and qualifications: $15-$20/hour. This is a temporary/seasonal position not to exceed 9-months.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in archaeology, anthropology, history, or closely related field.
- Experience in archaeological field survey methods, including pedestrian and shovel testing archaeological field survey, mapping, digital photography, and recording archaeological findings on standardized forms.
- Have a thorough understanding of most standard computer programs, especially MS Word and Excel.
- A willingness to work in a highly structured work environment with established lines of authority, procedures and protocols is required.
- The most highly qualified candidates will demonstrate previous archaeological work experience in the Mid-Atlantic States
- Experience with GIS cultural resource applications is highly desirable
- Experience in laboratory analysis, data compilation, and technical report contribution are beneficial.
- Previous experience on a military base is also beneficial.
Work will be performed outdoors and the successful candidates must be able to walk over uneven terrain in inclement weather. The position may be required to bend, climb, and lift up to 25lbs. Successful candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible to work in the United States by the proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
How to apply:
Interested applicants must submit a complete application via email to kerri.c.holland.ctr@.... A complete application shall consist of a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references. Apply via email no later than 8-Sepember-2019 for full consideration.
For more career opportunities, and to learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, please visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. CEMML/Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce, and complies with all federal and Colorado state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.